Why Choose Ford
Ford’s commitment to law enforcement agencies has not waivered since the introduction of its first police package in 1950. Over the course of its history, Ford has worked with members of law enforcement to develop tools that meet their needs, including the introduction of numerous firsts.
The Interceptor platform has been and continues to be built with exceptional safety, legendary durability, and platform commonality. It also has the backing of an extensive nationwide dealer network.
The 2013 Ford Police Interceptor platform consists of sedan and utility models to meet the varying needs of law enforcement without sacrificing performance.
- Standard all-wheel drive
- 280 HP+ 3.5L V6 motor with an available 365 HP 3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- Unmarked/detective/administration vehicle–all the performance of the Police Interceptor in a stealth like appearance.
The Ford Police Interceptor Features
Officer Safety–The all new Ford Police Interceptor features extreme officer protection with its SPACE (Side Protection and Cabin Enhancement) architecture.
- 75 MPH rear-crash tested
- Level III ballistic door panels
- Structural integrity with safety cell construction
- Personal Safety System™—a network of sensors to control the airbags and front safety belts
- Standard safety canopy system with front, side, and side curtain airbags
- V8 performance with V6 engine for enhanced efficiency
- Better fuel economy
- All-wheel drive standard
- Advancetrac with RSC—roll stability control
- Police calibrated powertrain
- Police tuned suspension
- Reverse sensing system
Durability–Systems designed to handle the intense demands of police work
- Heavy duty front suspension
- Heavy duty braking system
- 220-AMP alternator
- Heavy duty cooling system
- Heavy duty steel wheels
- Heavy duty subframe with undercarriage steel deflector plate